13 September 2011

Weekend Recap

Alright, so I promised a weekend post and it's tuesday, but I was doing stuff and I was a tad bit homesick this past several days and I really didn't want to write a post up for you guys if I was in a blah moody. It would be like a really long whiney facebook status, so I went out with some new friends from my masters program and let me mood go away on it's own time. So here I am, super chipper and ready to share some pictures and stories about my weekend with ya! 
The Natural History Museum: You ride and escalator through this behemoth!

When I say this I couldn't help but think of the y u no? meme Click if you don't know it.

A group of us went out to the Blackbird a pub right around the corner.

Sarah, Emily and Joseph at the pub.

Kari, Gry and Nick from the International Relations Program.
Dude! There's the TARDIS! Right on Earl's Court!
When my loan money came in I treated myself to a pedicure. 
Now that I've played a quick game of catch up I thought I'd share a stupid little video I made, but first, a little back story. Since I was in middle school my mum has always slipped a card or a letter into my notebook on my first day of classes every year. This has happened every year, without fail. So of course this year was no different! When I made it back to my flat from my first day of class there was a card from my mum waiting in my mailbox. : ) It said "Wear some cool boots. Cool boots make you feel like you can handle anything. (and on the inside) Or at least kick real hard."
I love Reepicheep! He's fearless, spirited and tiny. 
She also included this quote by Reepicheep from The Chronicles of Narnia,  "Extraordinary things only happen to extraordinary people. Maybe it's a sign that you've got an extraordinary destiny. Something greater than you could have imagined."(of course I got all verklempt!) 


Now that you have the back story, here is a video response that I made for my mum. Be warned....it's me dancing and note the intense derp face that I have. I'm sacrificing my dignity for humor, so enjoy and feel free to laugh at me. : ) Please also note that this is my first attempt at video editing, so sorry if it isn't well refined. Have a great week and be kind to yourselves. ♥monica

(herp-a-derp-derp-derp)

1 comment:

  1. You are such a dork... and I totally adore you! ;D

    -BEL

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say something to me. I'd love to hear what you have to say.