15 August 2011

Last Minute Encouragement & Sin

14 Days/ 2 Weeks

I'm very excited to announce that I will be living in a flat in London, not a dorm room (HOORAY!) So I will be living in the same building as all of the other masters students, so hopefully I can make some friends and have people to study with and bounce ideas off of. 
That would be a great way to spend my last two weeks here! ; ) weheartit 
I spoke to Dr Orenduff this afternoon and she really helped to ease my worries and encourage me. She's always been the best at that. It's impossible to not be happy and feel like you can take on the world after speaking with her. Her course on art criticism is what made me realize that I wanted to study Art History and that it could be so much bigger and better than naming artists and flipping through slides of paintings that I can't make relevant for myself. She also wrote one of my recommendation letters for my application, so I really owe her for helping me get into this school and all the encouragement she has given me. Dr O, if you're reading this, thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! 
Sin
Some of my old friends are going on a tour all the way to California from Georgia and they hosted a "Sin-efit" to help raise some bones for their tour. I showed my support and also took some pictures for them to use and I thought I would share them with you all.  
Sin
  I've know these guys, Jimi and Anthony, since high school and as they've gotten older their music has gotten better and better. I love the fact that they have always stuck with a raw diy ethic that is definitive of the early days of punk rock. Their attitude and persona conjure up images of Iggy and the Stooges and Crass. They're really great guys, so check out Sin. I've linked to their facebook page so you can look them up and listen to some of their tunes. Be excellent to each other and be kind to yourselves. ♥monica  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say something to me. I'd love to hear what you have to say.